Monday, August 22, 2005

Achilles Knee

I'm signed up for a half marathon on Saturday September 10th. My knee, however, isn't on board with the rest of my body. I think i'm cardiovascularly (sp?) ready, but as the saying goes, i'm only as strong as my weakest link, which in this case is my left knee. Four days ago I attempted to run for an undetermined amount and my knee gave out at 3 miles. I had to walk the rest of the way Back. Yesterday, I ran 8 miles and my knee gave out around the sixth mile.. but I kept running anyway. That left me without the ability to walk around the house for the rest of the day. It wasn't until about 10:00 that I was able to hobble around. This morning, i feel fine. The only good party of all of this, is I always seem to bounce back quickly. Today I'm biking and tomorrow i'll give a shot at running 10 miles. We'll see how it goes..

Other news fronts: Katie Stone got her music teaching job at Waterford, and Scott got his job with Hazel Park. They are now looking for a place in the Rochester-Ann Arbor area. The gamble paid off for them. I was worried that this late in August there would be no way for them both to reel in jobs near each other in the Detroit area. I couldn't be more happy that i was wrong :) On a bitter note, how is it that they've managed to avoid a long distance relationship through everything?? oh well, not in the cards for Darby and I. She just moved into her new apartment, and starts teaching at Missouri State University today. She has two classes on 'Intro to Theatre' that she's instructing this year. Friends of Darby: Call her up and ask her how it went. She's a bit nervous and i'm sure she'd love to hear from you. Email me if you don't have her cell #.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still planning on doing this? Or did the knees finally claim victory! Oh, to run again....