Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bad Decisions

I know that no one is watching my blog anymore. I kinda dropped the ball on that awhile ago. And yet, I miss writing in it.. so here goes.

The biggest lesson i've learned in life is that making the 'right' decision has nothing to do with having all of the facts. Movies, books, TV shows, always show the protagonist making bad choices because he didn't understand the 1. situation, 2. consequences of the decision or 3. some facet of his or herself. But in life that isn't true. There are plenty of times where I've walked straight in front of the bus knowing damn well that the bus WAS going to hit me.. and did it anyway. AND getting hit by the bus doesn't stop me from doing it again either. Yup, here comes the bus.. damn this is gonna hurt.

This situation annoys me greatly because growing up I always believed that given the appropriate amount of information I would make the intelligent decision for myself. I guess this is the left brain coming out in me... or is it the right? Too lazy to look it up.
Sometimes this affects the small things like... 'no I probably shouldn't have another beer before bed'. Other times it is bigger things like.. that person is unhealthy for me. Period. Stay away. And yet it knowing the what the right thing is, the healthy choice, doesn't matter in the end :/

No comments: