Monday, December 19, 2011

My Review of Vibram FiveFingers KSO Multisport Shoes - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

Wander free in the men's Vibram FiveFingers KSO multisport shoes, which offer the freedom of bare feet with the grip and protection of a Vibram sole.


Great Shoe but a little thin for running

By Jerry Ross from Washington, MI on 12/19/2011

 

4out of 5

Sizing: Feels half size too big

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Great Traction, Durable, Comfortable

Best Uses: Day hikes, Running, Everyday

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

Arch Type: Average Arch

Was this a gift?: No

I love the KSO's for around the house, around the town, and even for short runs. I ran the Detroit Turkey Trot 10K this year in these and did quite well. That being said, for runs greater than 6 miles, I feel like the shoes don't have quite enough padding. You really have to becareful of rocks and things on the ground, cuz you'll feel everything. If you are an avid runner I recomend the Bikila instead. The Bikila has 4mm of sole and these only have 2 mm. I still love my KSO's, I just use them for more casual purposes now.

(legalese)

No comments: